2018 Special Projects Fund Recipients
Grants through our Special Projects Fund allow us to support projects that address an important health care or public health issue in the State, but are outside of our targeted priority areas (building healthy communities and empowering health care consumers). We seek to help a wide range of health-related organizations take on innovative projects that can improve health more broadly either at the organizational level, the community level, or the statewide level
Eligible projects are coordinated interventions that take place over a speciﬁed period of time to achieve quantiﬁable results. Under the Special Projects Fund, the Foundation gives preference to projects that: help low-income and elderly consumers understand and navigate the health system; improve access to health care in service areas with acute shortages; improve quality in measurable ways; support and strengthen safety-net providers to reach more people; and address statewide health system issues that could improve the eﬃciency or eﬀectiveness of the system.
List of 2018 Special Projects Fund Recipients:
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Legal Action Center of the City of New York, Inc.
- Health and Welfare Council of Long Island, Inc.
- Rural Health Network of South Central New York
- Primary Care Development Corporation
- New York University College of Dentistry
- New York Public Radio
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Public Health Solutions
- Research Foundation for the State University of New York
- Hudson Headwaters Health Network